Chocolate lava cake
Just admit it... Everyone loves a warm creamy chocolate lava cake, right? It's the perfect dessert when it's colder outside and when you have visitors over. Plus, it's super easy to make. In just 30 minutes of preparation time you can enjoy this heavenly dessert.
Ingredients (for 6 servings)
- 130 grams FOODIES-PLANET® Dark Chocolate
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 200 ml vegetable milk
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 150 grams organic flour
- 150 g granulated sugar
- 40 grams organic cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4th tsp salt
- 45 grams liquid coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Let’s get started!
- Start with the ganache filling by melting the chocolate au bain-marie and adding 150 ml of coconut milk to it. Then place the molten chocolate in the fridge for 2 hours or put it in the freezer for half an hour to solidify.
- Next, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease 6 molds or bowls.
- When the ganache has solidified well enough, you can start working on the batter. First, mix the vegetable milk with the apple cider vinegar and set aside. Next, mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- After this, add the vegetable milk with apple cider vinegar, coconut oil and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Mix the batter until it becomes a smooth consistency.
- Then fill the molds halfway with the batter. It is normal to have a few tablespoons left over from the batter.
- Next, scoop out a tablespoon of ganache and form a ball with your hands. Press this ball then into the batter. Repeat for all the shapes.
- Then spoon the rest of the batter over onto the molds.
- Bake the chocolate lava cakes for about 12 minutes. The edges should be baked, but the inside should still remain moist.
- After this, cool the lava cakes for a few minutes before serving.
- Finally, serve the chocolate lava cakes on a plate or platter. Add some fruit to this or serve the lava cakes with vegan ice cream.
You may also like this